About the program
In order to prepare a new generation of transformative leaders, who are driven by strong moral values and are committed to a progressive and democratic Africa where liberty and freedom reign supreme, the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation, developed a unique program for leaders of tomorrow. This special program identifies each year twenty (20) highly qualified and motivated young people under the age of 35, who demonstrate remarkable leadership and great potential in their understanding of Policy & Public Service and who are dedicated to implementing positive changes in the country.
Benefits and expectations of the program
- The leaders of tomorrow will participate in a 3-day immersion in Policy & Public Service in Yaounde. All associated costs will be covered by the Foundation.
- The 20 emerging leaders divided into four groups of five will receive funding to organize an event of their choice that promotes economic freedom, peace and security, social entrepreneurship, good governance, human rights, youth engagement in public service and the democratic culture in a region of their choice. These events will provide the Foundation with an important opportunity to encourage young leaders to work for a freer, more peaceful and more democratic Cameroon in the future.
- Each leader should produce at least 2 op-eds on democracy, human rights, and freedoms to promote citizen engagement on “On Policy Magazine”, a monthly magazine at the Foundation;
- Emerging leaders will be affiliated with the Governance and Democracy Initiative (GDI) of the Nkafu Policy Institute for a period of one (1) year.
- As affiliates of GDI, they will participate in training seminars organized by the Nkafu Policy Institute and publish short articles on a quarterly basis.
Timeline of the 2023 Emerging Leaders Program:
April 1, 2023: application opens
July 30, 2023: Application deadline
August 30, 2023: Notice to shortlisted candidates
September 30, 2023: Announcement of selected emerging leaders
October 24 – 27, 2023: Emerging Leaders Program in Yaounde